Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jaclyn Weldon White - January 16, 2009

Show number three turned out to be the smoothest so far. I began to relax into the format somewhat and trust that a good conversation was more important than getting through a list of proposed questions.

I'm not interested in tripping anyone up. I do send a list of proposed questions to the author ahead of time, so they can correct any misconceptions I may have. Jackie White was most gracious about letting me know where she wanted the interview to go, but also to assure me that she was an old hand at interviews and wouldn't be thrown off-stride if I popped up with an unexpected question. Of course, most of the writers I'll be talking with are pros at this anyway, but it's comforting to know they won't hate me if I come up with something off-the-wall.

I do so appreciate the listeners who've emailed questions during the show or ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment