Friday, April 17, 2009

So much for discipline

I thought I'd be disciplined enough to post to this blog every single week, within a day or two of interviewing another writer on Mystery Matters. Ha! I hadn't anticipated the role of big windstorms and heavy rain and even hail.

You're right - those are only excuses. Yes, there were two days there where I kept the computer turned off most of the day because of the lightning. But the real reason I forgot to blog was that I was having so much fun reading books for upcoming guests. Curling up with a cup of hot chai and a good book while the rain is pounding down is a great way to spend a morning . . . and an afternoon . . . and an evening. . . .

On Friday April 10th I thoroughly enjoyed talking with Sarah Shaber about her Professor Simon Shaw mysteries, and I learned that the Goody's Headache Powder she mentions in her books (as a remedy for Simon's migraines) is a real product that's been around for a long time, and actually seems to do some good. I'm not endorsing it, of course, but if you have a good story about Goody's, let me hear from you.

This morning I spoke with Jane K. Cleland. She lives in an apartment in New York City, and our talk was punctuated with various sirens and horns - that's live radio! If you didn't get a chance to listen this morning, be sure you access the archives -- you simply have to hear her story of the wild turkey that scared her into moving back to the city after a trial run at country living.

Ever since the radio station updated their website, I've had some emails from people who said they could find the archives just fine (under "episode listings"), but couldn't figure out how to listen to the live show from my host page. Here are two ways to do it:

Go to www.voiceamerica.com and click on the "Variety Channel." That will be like turning on your radio. OR
Go to my host page www.tinyurl.com/a2f3s6 and click on the bar at the left that says "channel home page"

Holler if you have problems! I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment